The main difference between Elementor and WordPress is that Elementor is a plugin (Page Builder) for WordPress whereas WordPress is a content management system (CMS). This means that you need to have WordPress installed in order to use Elementor.
However, once you have both WordPress and Elementor installed, they work together seamlessly. This article discusses the differences between Elementor and WordPress, from a technical point of view. It also explains the features that Elementor and WordPress are both capable of.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a content management system (CMS), which means that it provides a way to manage the content on your website (pages, images, videos, text, etc…).
WordPress can be upgraded with different plug-ins: WordPress has a lot of different plugins available, each one providing additional functionality such as blogging, forums, eCommerce functions, etc.
Elementor is one of the popular WordPress plugins to build web pages. Elementor is also a plugin for WordPress! There is a free version and also a paid version of Elementor.
Why do you need WordPress to create your website?
- WordPress is an open-source software solution, which means that others with good skills can contribute to it, improve the functions and keep it secure. This means that the development can be carried out efficiently and quickly.
- It is also very easy to back up your website with WordPress.
- WordPress allows you to create blogs, forums, and other types of content very easily by using plug-ins such as Elementor.
- WordPress is highly customizable, which means that you can tailor it to suit your needs.
- WordPress is easy to use, even for beginners: All you have to do is download and install it and then start creating content or websites. There are no complicated installation processes and you do not need any technical skills to be able to use WordPress.
- WordPress has a large community of users who are constantly coming up with new plugins, which is what makes it so popular and gives it the possibility of being one of the best solutions for website management.
- WordPress is used by millions of people around the world, which means that there is always a community of individuals who can help you answer your questions on how to manage your website.
How to install WordPress on your website:
- Download the latest version of WordPress from the official website. Here it is recommended to install and use the latest version of WordPress as it will be more stable than previous versions.
- After you have downloaded it, you need to upload the software to your hosting service. Many hosting services also provide a one-click WordPress installation like Bluehost for example.
And then, you’re ready to start building your website.
- Install plugins: If you want to extend your website with more features, you can easily install free plugins or you can also buy premium plugins. You can find the best premium plugins and themes for your WordPress website at ThemeForest, for example.
- Customize your website: You can edit the website’s template by using WordPress themes.
- Finally, you can start adding content such as blog posts, pages, etc. to your website.
Click Here To See The Detailed Guide On How To Install WordPress
What is Elementor?
Elementor is a free/premium plug-in for WordPress that provides you with a seamless experience to manage your website’s content and build websites and landing pages. In order to make the most of Elementor, you need to have WordPress installed on your hosting and use the CMS system.
The installation process is extremely simple; all you have to do is download and install Elementor from the official website or use the internal plugin search function.
Installing Elementor on your WordPress website
- Download the latest version of Elementor from the Official website.
- After you have downloaded it, you need to upload the software to your website. And then, you’re ready to start building your website.
- Install plugins: You need to install plugins on your WordPress website in order for it to work properly. For example, you need a plugin that enables you to create blogs or a plugin that provides functionality similar to “Facebook”. After you have installed the plugins, you will see all the available options under Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.
What are the different features available on Elementor and WordPress?
- Elementor and WordPress both have the same goals: they both aim at managing your website’s content and building pages, but they achieve this goal in different ways. Elementor is a plugin that adds functionality to your existing WordPress website and gives you a better way of building and designing websites. This means that you need to install both Elementor and WordPress on your hosting.
- The Elementor plugin is based on different blocks: These blocks are designed to help you arrange the content on your page without all the hassle of digging through code. These blocks include:
- Blog (for creating a blog)
- Forum (for creating a forum) and
- Contact Elementor (for managing new contacts on your website).
- …and many more…
Elementor also has JS functions for adding galleries and videos. – The main layout of the Elementor blocks is the same, whether you use Tumblr or WordPress. This means that you can switch from one website to another and the layout will still be familiar.
- Elementor is not open source software, but Elementor is constantly being developed and you will automatically receive the latest updates (even in the free version of Elementor). This is how Elementor is safe. This means that you are free to use Elementor as you see fit and develop it as you wish.
4.WordPress is also open-source, but it is not as customizable as Elementor.
- Elementor is more intuitive than the WordPress page builder (Gutenberg), which means that it takes less time to learn how to use it and its features. To get started using Elementor, you do not need any advanced coding skills to be able to manage your website with Elementor.
Why you may need Elementor for your WordPress site?
- Elementor makes it easy to manage your website’s content. You can manage the content of your website with ease.
- Elementor offers you a large community that is always coming out with new plugins for Elementor.
- Elementor has lots of layout options and you can customize them with ease.
- Elementor allows you to create more than one page at once, for performing the same actions on different pages at the same time.
- Elementor allows you to create a professional blog or forum from scratch in no time.
- Elementor will help you to manage the content of your website, allowing for more variety and new functionality.
- Since Elementor is designed for WordPress, you can use it with WordPress plugins, which means that you can do more than what is possible with WordPress on its own.
Can You Use WordPress without Elementor?
Yes, you can! But Elementor is the best tool for managing your website’s content and building pages, but you can get by without it by using the WordPress page builder (Gutenberg Page Builder). However, Elementor will not be able to provide you with all of its features if you do not have it installed on your computer. The fact is that Elementor offers a lot more functionality than WordPress does on its own and it is a lot easier to use for beginners as well as other users who are not familiar with coding.
Elementor and WordPress both provide a different experience to the user: while WordPress provides the user with more control over the content, Elementor offers more visual appeal. Elementor also provides a more comprehensive experience that allows you to organize the content on your website. If you are familiar with WordPress, Elementor will take less time to learn and you will be able to manage your website’s content with ease.
The only downside of Elementor is that when you create pages with Elementor, the page load time is a bit higher because Elementor generates a lot of extra code that needs to be loaded first.