You may have everything that you need to create the perfect website for your business. The only thing is you need to put all that information onto a platform. There is one that comes to mind, and it tends to be the most popular one out of the bunch. WordPress is easy to use and Bluehost goes along with WordPress.
You may or may not have heard of these two companies, but it’s best to gather as much information as you can. When you take a look at both of these companies, you will get an in-depth understanding of what they are and most importantly whether or not you have to pay for them. Let’s start with Bluehost.
- What is Bluehost?: Bluehost is a hosting site that you will need to get started if you’re going to put everything on WordPress. You may be thinking about what a hosting site is. You probably thought you were going to type everything up on a website and you will have your webpage out there for everyone to see. That’s not the case. You have to have a web hosting site for all your HTML codes, files, and images to go when you finish completing your website.
- Do you have to pay for this service?: Yes, but it’s just under three dollars a month. The cost is one reason why people gravitate toward this service because it’s affordable. You also have to pay for the hosting service, which is just over 35 dollars for a 12-month plan and 106 dollars for a 36-month package. Those fees are one-time, and then you can pay however much your package is per month.
- One of the great things about this hosting site is you will get a free domain for a year.
- Another reason to sign up is you will receive a free SSL certificate. Since this may be your first time signing up for a hosting website, it’s best to understand the technical terms. When you sign up, you will receive a key that you will need every time you log in. An SSL certificate is a document that you will receive as proof that you obtained that key from the hosting platform.
- You will also receive a link to install WordPress once you have signed up on the hosting site.
- If you get stuck and you’re not understanding what something means or how to set everything up, then you will receive around-the-clock customer service support whenever you need it.
How to Sign Up for Bluehost
Now that you have been introduced to this hosting platform and you understand what the benefits are, you may be wondering how you can sign up. This section will introduce you to the signup process and how to move on to the next part of your website.
- The first thing to do is go to Bluehost’s main webpage and you will see a button that says host your site. Click on that button.
- You will see a few different payment plans to get started. The plans are as follows: basic, plus, choice plus, and pro.
- If you have a small business, you may want to purchase the basic plan. This plan is just under three dollars a month and is perfect if you want to host one website.
- The plus package is beneficial if you are hosting multiple websites. If you choose to go with this plan, you might as well purchase the choice plus package. They are the same price but with the choice plus plan, you will receive added security and privacy features. Both of these plans are the same price, but the choice plus plan is recommended.
- You can also choose to get the most expensive plan, which is just over 13 dollars a month. This is the pro plan, and you receive more resources than the other plans do.
- When you have decided which plan would benefit your business the most, then you can select that plan.
- Next, you’ll be taken to a dialog box where you will enter your website URL. If you can’t decide on one at the moment, you can sign up and receive a free domain credit.
- Once you have entered your webpage URL name, you will find out if that website has been taken or not.
- The last step is creating your account and paying for your package.
Now that you have created your domain and are hosting your website, you can build your website with WordPress.
- With WordPress, you will receive a free domain for the first year.
- Also, there are hundreds of design templates to choose from. The design template will help bring your website to life and add some color.
- A huge benefit that will help you create your website faster is a drag-and-drop builder. When you first start creating your website, you will have a large selection of items that you can drag and drop into your website.
- You may be wondering if this service costs anything. You are required to pay for this service. It costs just under three dollars a month.
How to Sign Up for WordPress
- The first step is to choose a payment plan. You can either choose the basic or the pro plan. If you spend a little more money with the pro package, you will receive over ten pricing and packaging templates, you can accept payments on your website, unlimited online store products, and so much more. The pro plan is recommended if you are starting a business.
- The basic plan is not the best plan for creating business websites. It’s best for creating blogs and personal websites for just under three dollars a month.
- Once you have selected the plan you would like to go with, the next step is to set up your domain. You should have already done this when you signed up for Bluehost. You will put that domain in the dialog box where it says to use a domain you own.
- The last step is being redirected to the account setup and the pricing plans. Here, you will choose which plan you’re going with and enter all your information so you can begin working on your website.
Now that you understand how Bluehost and WordPress work, go ahead and sign up. You’ll understand more as you go through your journey to create your website for your business.